ELMHURST, IL – On February 26-28th, 2018, 174 attendees from 11 countries and 20 States of the United States with common interest to learn more about the future of dairy ingredients were in Santa Barbara, California to attend the 21st Dairy Ingredients Symposium organized by ADPI and Cal Poly. This annual symposium was sponsored by: California Dairy Research Foundation, Hilmar Ingredients, Chr. Hansen, Novozymes, GEA, Ecolab, National Dairy Council, Tetra-Pak, and Fres-co, Inc.
“The Annual Dairy Ingredients Symposium is the only program in the Western United States that brings industry and academia together with a laser focus on Dairy Ingredients Innovation,” stated Phil Tong, Program Committee Co-Chair. This year’s program highlighted four major areas:
· Health, Diet, Consumers, Competitors
· Sustainable Processing and Nutrition
· New Dairy Ingredients Solutions for Food Product Innovation
· Future Research Directions Shaping Dairy Ingredients Sector
The program was delivered in eighteen presentations from experts in nutrition, processing technology, consumer behavior, and sustainability as it relates to dairy ingredients from world renown universities and institutes and industry.
If you did not attend this year’s symposium you missed out on a number of new and valuable insights including:
1. How to position and take advantage of new understanding of the health benefits of milk components (enzymes, milkfat, protein, milkfat globule membrane)
2. Why dairy ingredients are more sustainable than many other food ingredients
3. New solutions for challenging food formulations and processes
4. Consumer behavior impacting selection of food brands and food products
5. A sneak peak into the window of innovation and discovery which will shape the future of next generation of dairy ingredients and related technologies.
Undoubtedly, the Symposium confirmed that the dairy ingredients sector will be in for exciting times ahead through new scientific discoveries which will fuel new product innovation, and new food applications to meet changing consumer needs and aspirations. Don’t miss out on the 22nd Dairy Ingredients Symposium to be held in early 2020. Watch for additional information to come later in the year at www.adpi.org.
ADPI seeks to be the most effective and relevant association representing the dairy ingredient industry today. Members manufacture and market a majority of the milk-based and whey-based ingredients produced in the U.S., including: dry milk powders, whey products, evaporated milk products and buttermilk. ADPI’s mission is to increase the world-wide use of dairy ingredients by marshaling the technical, manufacturing and marketing resources of its members and others. To learn more, visit ADPI.org.