Are you a passionate cheese professional interested in showcasing and strengthening your skills? Apply to be the next ACS Official Conference Cheesemonger!
Each year, the ACS Conference takes place with the support of two Official Conference Cheesemongers who oversee and manage the movement, storage, and preparation of thousands of cheeses and accompaniments that play a starring role in Conference events. Official Conference Cheesemongers enjoy being part of all the behind-the-scenes Conference action.
The 2015 Official Conference Cheesemongers will support the ACS Conference in Providence, Rhode Island (July 29-August 1, 2015). This team will receive the following benefits:
- Roundtrip airfare to Providence, RI
- 7 nights stay at the Conference hotel (Official Conference Cheesemongers arrive before the Conference begins, and stay through the Cheese Sale on August 2)
- Personalized ACS logo chef's jacket
- Free registration to attend our 2016 Conference (you'll be too busy in Providence to catch the educational sessions)
- Your profile and company logo on ACS print and electronic materials
For current or aspiring ACS Certified Cheese Professionals™, please note that hours worked in the Official Conference Cheesemonger role count toward the required hours for your ACS CCP Exam application, or toward the professional development hours needed to renew your certification (recertification is required every 3 years).
Join past Official Conference Cheesemongers Randall Felts, Kelsie Parsons, Jason Herbert, Leah McFadden, Alexander Kast, Rachel Perez, Jeanne Rodier, Kelly Sheehan, and Paige Lamb, in an elite group of cheese professionals who have taken on this role.
A full job description is available online. The deadline for applying is January 9, 2015.
We hope you'll consider adding this prestigious role to your resume!
Source: American Cheese Society