CHARLESTON, SC – Callie’s Charleston Biscuits is excited to announce the rebranding of all the company’s signature made-by-hand biscuits and artisan food products under the Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit name. “Over the past 15 years, the company has evolved and the natural next step is uniting our wholesale, e-commerce and Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit eateries all under the same name. Whether customers are ordering at the counter, shipping frozen biscuits to their home or picking up at a grocer, all of our biscuits are made the exact same way – by hand with no machinery,” explains Founder Carrie Morey.
The rebranded line includes 6 varieties of frozen ready-to-be-reheated biscuits (Buttermilk, Cheese & Chive, Country Ham, Sharp Cheddar, Blueberry, Cinnamon), Cocoa & Cream Cookies, Traditional Pimento Cheese, Fiery Pimento Cheese and a variety of pantry items like Cheese Crisps, Buttermilk Biscuit Mix and a line of jams and honey. Bold and colorful, the vibrant new biscuit boxes are smaller and more efficient for shipping, but the signature “hot little” biscuit size remains the same. “Our customers tell us that Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit has a sunshine effect. It’s hard not to smile when you walk up to our eatery window and see a baker rolling and stamping fresh biscuits. Our goal is for the vibrant new boxes to evoke that same feeling in stores and at home,” shares Morey.
Here’s a look at how the brand has evolved over the last 15 years.
5 FAST FACTS AT 15
- Carrie Morey founded Callie’s Charleston Biscuits in 2005 as an artisan, mail-order biscuit company.
- Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit was founded in 2014 and the grab-and-go eatery concept now has 4 locations – Charleston, SC (2 locations), Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC. All feature a variety of freshly baked biscuits and a range of other delicious breakfast, lunch and late-night treats, a shoppable retail section, and a baking window to see the made-by-hand biscuit process.
- Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit’s new colorful packing is a nod to the company’s home base of Charleston, SC and the company’s “Be A Biscuit” kindness campaign, which states -“Rise tall. Be warm & buttery on the inside. Be open to anyone’s jam.”
- Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit products are available in over 1,000 retailers nationwide and in Canada – from local gourmet stores to grocers like Whole Foods, Publix, and Fresh Market.
- In 2019, over a million biscuits were made by hand, with no machinery whatsoever, by a small team of bakers including Carrie Morey.
The new product packaging will launch March 16 on www.calliesbiscuits.com and begin rolling out to retailers nationwide. Follow along with the brand @callieshotlittlebiscuit and founder Carrie Morey @calliesbiscuits.
About Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit
Carrie Morey founded Callie’s Charleston Biscuits in 2005 with the goal of making the tender, butter, made-by-hand biscuits of her mother accessible across the country. Using no machinery whatsoever and with only the finest ingredients, the small team of bakers are keeping the tradition of Southern biscuit making alive. In 2014, she founded Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit, counter-service eateries with locations in Charleston, Atlanta and Charlotte. Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit serves a variety of freshly baked biscuits and a range of other delicious breakfast, lunch and late-night treats perfect for anyone on the go. For more information, visit calliesbiscuits.com or contact Libba Osborne at email@example.com.