(PHILADELPHIA) Just in time for holiday parties, the pre-eminent provider of sustainable sushi at retail has rolled out seven new sushi platters. Packed with favorites like the Shrimp California Roll and the Salmon Avocado Roll, a Genji platter makes the perfect addition to a Christmas Eve Feast of the Seven Fishes or any holiday celebration.
“This is restaurant quality sushi made from 100% sustainable ingredients and rolled fresh just for you,” says Genji’s marketing and creative director, Bill Rosenzweig.
The new menu offerings include the following platters:
American Dream (looks like an American Flag) – 50 pieces
- 16pc Vegetable Roll, 16pc Tuna Nigiri, 8pc Avocado Roll, 8pc Cucumber Roll
Happy Birthday – 84 pieces
- 16pc Dueling Duet Roll, 16pc Shrimp California Roll, 8pc Salmon Avocado Roll, 8pc Vegetable Roll, 16pc Vegetable Dragon Roll, 16pc Special Salmon Roll
Veggie – 72 pieces
- 16pc Carrot Roll, 16pc Cucumber Roll, 16pc Avocado Mango Tango Roll, 16pc Vegetable Dragon Roll, 6pc Inari, 2 Seaweed Salad
Classic – 72 pieces
- 16pc Shrimp California Roll, 24pc Salmon Avocado Roll, 16pc Spicy Tuna Avocado Roll, 16pc Avocado Cucumber Roll
Signature – 67 pieces
- 16pc Shrimp California Roll, 16pc Spicy Shrimp Tempura Roll, 8pc Rainbow Roll, 8pc Salmon Avocado Roll, 8pc Tokyo Lights Roll, 8pc Vegetable Dragon Roll, 1 Edamame Side, 2 Seaweed Salad Side
Combo – 83 pieces
- 16pc Shrimp California Roll, 16pc Spicy Shrimp Tempura Roll, 16pc Rainbow Roll, 16pc Avocado Cucumber Roll, 4pc Tuna Nigiri, 4pc Salmon Nigiri, 4pc Shrimp Nigiri, 4pc Seared Albacore Nigiri, 1 Edamame Side, 2 Seaweed Salad Side
Kids – 72 pieces
- 24pc California Roll, 16pc Avocado Roll, 16pc Shrimp Tempura Roll, 16pc Chicken Teriyaki Roll
The Veggie Platter is 100% vegan, and the Kids Platter is completely cooked. As another way of catering to various dietary preferences, all platters can be made with either white or brown rice, except for Happy Birthday and American Dream.
Rosenzweig points out an additional benefit of choosing Genji this holiday season: “Genji sushi is the gift that gives back because we only source sustainable seafood. That means future generations will be able to put sushi on their dinner tables.”
Genji’s new platter menu is now available at all Genji sushi bars, located in Whole Foods Markets. Orders must be placed at least 24 hours in advance.
Genji, a subsidiary of Hana Group’s Peace Dining Corporation, is the largest sushi provider to the Whole Foods Market chain. It started out as a standalone sushi restaurant in Philadelphia until Whole Foods Market, impressed by the freshness of Genji’s ingredients and the craftsmanship of its sushi chefs, asked the owners to operate a few sushi bars inside Whole Foods stores. Today, Genji operates more than 250 sushi bars, staffed by rigorously-trained chefs, in addition to Japanese cuisine restaurants in the U.S. and the U.K. Even as Genji continues to grow and evolve, it remains true to the values established by its founders: uncompromising quality, freshness, authenticity and customer appreciation.