New York, N.Y. – The National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc. (NASFT) announces the election of four board officers and six board members.
The board members were elected from a slate of 12 candidates who are members of the NASFT, a not-for-profit trade association that represents all segments of the $75-billion U.S. specialty food industry and member companies abroad. The board term is two years.
The following NASFT members were elected to serve as officers on the board of Directors for the 2012-2014 term:
• Chairperson: Mike Silver, Neomonde Baking Company
• Vice Chairperson: Shawn McBride, Foah International LLC
• Treasurer: Becky Renfro Borbolla, Renfro Foods, Inc.
• Secretary: Matt Nielsen, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas
Dennis Deschaine of Al Dente Pasta, Inc. will continue to serve, as Past Chairperson. Ending her service is Trish Pohanka, European Imports, Ltd., Past Chairperson for the last two years. Ron Straci, Rao’s Specialty Food, Inc., has also concluded his service as a Board member.
Re-elected to two-year terms are:
• William W. (Pete) Booker III, Smithfield Specialty Food Group
• Brad van Dam, Marich Confectionery
• Patricia Lobel, Avenue Gourmet
• Natalie King, Stonewall Kitchen
Elected to two-year terms are:
• Dan W. Dowe, Artisanal Brands, Ltd.
• Deborah Holt, Ciao Bella Gelato Company
The NASFT wishes to thank the following nominees:
• Jack Acree, Saffron Road Foods
• Cara Figgins, Partners, A Tasteful Choice Company
• Case D. Fischer, Fischer & Weiser Specialty Foods
• Thomas Gellert, Gellert Global Group
• Joanne Kaminski, MAR-K Ltd.
• Carrie Morey, Callie’s Charleston Biscuits
About the NASFT
The NASFT is celebrating its 60th anniversary. It is a not-for-profit trade association established in 1952 to foster commerce and interest in the specialty food industry. Today there are more than 2,900 members in the U.S. and abroad. The NASFT’s website for consumers, foodspring.com, provides an insider’s look at specialty foods and the companies, food entrepreneurs and artisans behind them. For more information on the NASFT and its Fancy Food Shows, go to specialtyfood.com.
Source: National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc.