Beaverton, Ore. – Reser’s Fine Foods, the No. 1 producer of fresh, refrigerated foods, showcased new dips, deli salads and sides and entrees at the 2019 International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association (IDDBA) annual seminar and expo (booth #2120).
“Our team of chefs continues to innovate based on the latest and future consumer trends,” states Nathan Roe, senior brand marketing manager for Reser’s Fine Foods. “In the deli we’re seeing more frequent rotations of flavors and varieties, as well as consumers buying a favorite along with something new they haven’t tried before. Our new deli salads and sides provide grocery shoppers with classic staples as well as bold new innovations.”
John McCarthy, senior brand marketing manager for Reser’s Fine Foods also spotlights three deli trends:
- Meal Solutions: “The deli continues to be a destination for meal solutions and retailers are looking to expanding their selection with meal kits, entrees, and sides. By launching four new entrees and sides this fall, we give consumers variety and let them customize by mixing and matching in-store.”
- Healthier Options: “Deli consumers crave healthier food options. Our entire line of American Classics sides, entrees, and salads is made with real ingredients and free of artificial flavors and colors.”
- Hot (Fill) Opportunities: “Retailers are looking for new and distinct dishes to refresh and drive traffic to their behind-the-glass cases and re-pack sections. Reser’s fills this gap with our new bulk side dish and hot-fill items such as our Shepard Pie Filling.”
Nationwide Platforms Support Retail Sales
To support retail sales and drive consumer excitement on both a regional and national level, Reser’s Fine Foods is sponsoring Joe Gibbs Racing and Erik Jones in the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. With a 38-week season that races nation-wide, this sponsorship provides a great year-round opportunity for retailers to drive excitement in the deli and meat departments with in-store promotions, social media and show car sampling events. Reser’s is also sponsoring the nation’s largest country music festival, CMA Fest® in Nashville, TN as well as regional country music festivals.
Featured New Products at IDDBA
DELI SIDES AND SALADS
- Stonemill Kitchens Red Cabbage, Beets & Bacon Salad: Featuring shredded red cabbage, julienned beets, bacon and currants tossed in a tangy vinegar dressing, this new salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Reser’s American Classics Carolina Gold Mustard Slaw: Inspired by the popular mustard-based BBQ sauce, this tangy slaw has a hint of crushed red pepper and is the perfect complement to any barbecue, picnic, or family gathering.
- Reser’s American Classics Nashville Hot Sweet Potato Salad: This hearty salad packs a big flavor punch with sweet potatoes mixed in a bold and creamy barbecue sauce base with fire roasted peppers, dill pickle relish, onion, crushed garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Reser’s American Classics Creamy Cauliflower: This creamy and delicious recipe combines cauliflower, whole milk, butter, chives, Romano and Gruyere cheeses.
- Reser’s American Classics Baked Ziti Bolognese: A classic Italian entrée with ground beef and Italian sausage in a traditional Bolognese sauce with ziti pasta and mozzarella cheese.
- Reser’s American Classics Baked Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice: White meat chicken, broccoli florets, and long grain rice are combined in a white cheese sauce with a cheddar cheese breadcrumb topping.
- Reser’s American Classics Baked Five Cheese Macaroni: A homestyle baked macaroni and cheese dish with elbow macaroni and five distinct cheeses (Cheddar, White Cheddar, Parmesan, Romano, and Blue).
DELI BULK SIDES
- Reser’s Special Request Baked Macaroni & Cheese: This flavorful, fully-baked casserole of real cheddar cheese and elbow macaroni with a golden-brown top is the star of the hot case but shows off its versatility when cut into portioned squares for a beautiful display in the cold case or included in repack deli meals for Grab-N-Go.
- Reser’s Special Request Creamy Scalloped Potatoes: Families will devour this rich and flavorful dish of sliced potatoes mixed in a rich, creamy white cheddar cheese sauce with parsley and a touch of pepper.
- Reser’s Shepherd’s Pie Filling: Featuring rich Burgundy wine-based and beef flavored sauce with carrots, peas, and mushrooms, simply mix with a favorite protein – beef, shredded chicken or turkey – and top with mashed potatoes for a fan favorite.
- Reser’s Pot Pie Filling: This filling of creamy poultry sauce with potatoes, carrots, and peas is ready to mix with protein such as chicken or turkey and bake in a pie crust. This versatile recipe fits a variety of recipes including chicken and dumplings.
- Stonemill Kitchens Buffalo Style Chicken Dip: Perfect for fall entertaining and football ‘home gate’ parties, this dip features shredded white meat chicken folded into a creamy blend of cream cheese, red hot buffalo sauce and savory blue cheese.
- Stonemill Kitchens Creamy Onion Dip: Thiscreamy and crave-able dip fits into any season with a blend of green onions, toasted onions and leeks, as well as minced garlic, folded into a rich cream cheese base.
- Stonemill Kitchens Creamy Cranberry Jalapeno Dip: Holiday entertaining is right around the corner and this sweet/savory dip brings extraordinary flavor to any party with a velvety smooth blend of cream cheese, cranberries and jalapenos. This flavor will be available through February 2020.
About Reser’s Fine Foods:
Family owned and operated, Reser’s is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes and prepared foods. For more than 65 years, Reser’s has been making fun times easy and affordable for every family. Reser’s famous deli salads and sides are family favorites at the racetrack, picnics, BBQs and tailgates. Founded in 1950, the company remains committed to providing delicious refrigerated foods for the supermarket and food service industries. Reser’s operates 14 facilities in the United States and Mexico and employs more than 4,500 employees in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Visit www.resers.com.