Carlsbad, Calif. – The San Diego County Flower & Plant Association (SDCF&PA) is pleased to announce its 2019-2020 slate of officers and board of directors. The swearing-in ceremony took place at the associations’ recent annual dinner meeting.
“I am very excited about our group of officers and board members for the coming year,” says Alan Fritz, president of the SDCF&PA. “We are fortunate to have assembled a set of very enthusiastic and talented individuals from our regional industry who are passionate about advancing the horticulture and floriculture industry here in San Diego County and beyond.”
The 2019-2020 officers and board members are:
- President: Alan Fritz, CMA Growers dba Palm Acres, Specimen House, and Grow Master
- 1st Vice President: Kerstin Poehlmann, Pen & Petal, Inc.
- 2nd Vice President: Mercedes Medina, Premier Tech Horticulture
- Treasurer: Lori Parlette, Zenith Insurance
- Secretary: Susan MacFarland, Valley View Nursery
- Board of Directors:
- Fred Ceballos, First Step Greenhouse
- Heather Hydoski, Armstrong Growers
- Nicole Jackson, T & R Co.
- Berenice Poole, American Horticultural Supply
Officers and board members are volunteers and serve 3-year terms. They also form a number of committees addressing topics such as scholarships, member services, community advisory, advertising & marketing, educational programs, and much more.
Established in 1947, the San Diego County Flower & Plant Association is a trade association of commercial flower and plant growers and allied trade members, supporting firms in Southern California. Its mission is to strengthen, advance and support the horticulture industry in Southern California. For more information, please visit www.flowerandplant.org.