Champaign, IL – The American Meat Science Association (AMSA) is excited to announce that registration for the 71st RMC is open! The 2018 RMC has been called a “A Royal Choice” where attendees will be able to discover the rich traditions of Kansas City June 24-27, 2018. The host and technical planning committees are preparing a variety of activities. More information regarding the technical program, schedule of events, registrations fees, hotels and more is posted at(www.meatscience.org/rmc). So, save the date and register today to join us for the AMSA 71st RMC in Kansas City, Missouri.
2018 RMC Technical Program Will Include:
- Meat & Nutrition – Sustaining Healthy Protein Sources
- The Future of Cultured Protein
- State of the Domestic and Global Meat Industry
- BBQ – History, Trends and Educational Outreach
- Food Safety – Pathogen Detection and Microbiological Testing
- Incubating Research & Development -Teaching, Leading and Manufacturing
- Applied and Omic Approaches to Fresh Meat Quality Defects
- Marinated Products: A Look at the Other Processed Meat
- Live Animal Production Systems and How They Affect the Final Product
- And Over 60 Reciprocation Sessions
Kansas City is known for barbecue, jazz, and fountains, but there is so much more to this captivating city. So, make plans to attend!
- The RMC Welcome Reception will take place at the National World War I Museum and Memorial. This moving, state-of-the-art museum sitting underneath the 217-foot Liberty Memorial Tower has attracted more than 2 million visitors, serving as a beacon of freedom and a symbol of the courage and sacrifice of those who served.
- The RMC Family Picnic is where memories are made, and experiences are shared. This year will be no different as we take over the Power and Light District, the heartbeat of Kansas City.
- The RMC Awards Banquet will be an evening to remember as we come together to honor our members and industry leader’s contributions. For this royal affair the Union Station Grand Plaza is the perfect venue as it represents Kansas City’s intersection of community celebration and historical preservation.
Early registrants (before May 15) receive a $100 discount off regular rates. The early bird registration fee is $675 for AMSA members, $325 for student members and $950 for nonmembers. For more information regarding the AMSA 71st RMC please visit: http://www.meatscience.org/rmc.
AMSA fosters community and professional development among individuals who create and apply science to efficiently provide safe and high quality meat (defined as red meat (beef, pork and lamb), poultry, fish/seafood and meat from other managed species).
Source: American Meat Science Association (AMSA)