OTTAWA, ON –
- Brand: Broadwood Farm
- Product: Certain microgreens
- Companies: Broadwood Farm
- Issue: Food – Microbial contamination – Salmonella
- Category: Other
- What to do: Do not consume the recalled product
- Audience: General public
- Hazard classification: Class 2
|Broadwood Farm||Broccoli Microgreens||75 g||6 27987 64959 8||November 13, 2021|
|Broadwood Farm||Seasonal Mix Microgreens||100 g||6 27987 64958 1||November 13, 2021|
Industry is recalling certain Broadwood Farm brand microgreens from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination.
The recalled products have been sold in Ontario.
What you should do
- If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor
- Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home
- Do not consume the recalled products
- Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
This recall was triggered by the company.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
What is being done
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated food recall warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled products from the marketplace.