SALINAS, Calif. –Taylor Farms recently hosted employees and their families at its annual Scholarship Luncheon, where 20 students were presented with college scholarships. To date, Taylor Farms has awarded over $1 million in scholarship funds to 95 outstanding recipients pursuing higher education at a 4-year university or graduate program. All the scholarship winners are children of active, full time Taylor Farms employees.
"I have so much respect and admiration for Taylor Farms. Their commitment to higher education and to our community is incredible,” said Miguel Zavala, 2015 Taylor Farms Scholarship Recipient and UC Berkeley, School of Law, Graduate. “Their generosity and support has allowed me to achieve my dream of graduating from Berkeley Law."
Taylor Farms partnered with the Community Foundation for Monterey County to expand the scholarship programs reach this year, doubling the number of first time recipients from 10 to 20 and awarding $100,000 in new scholarships.
The scholarships are tailored to support students throughout their entire academic career, where recipients receive an upfront check for $5,000 and a guaranteed renewal of $5,000 for each year they remain in an undergraduate or graduate program.
“Taylor Farms is honored to support our team and their families,” said Bruce Taylor, CEO, Taylor Farms. “We are committed to a vibrant America with education as the foundation for opportunity.”
Along with the new scholarship recipients, Taylor Farms is also awarding over $150,000 in renewed scholarships. Read more about this great program on our blog here.
2018 recipients include:
- Christian Ortiz – University of California, Davis
- Daniel Munoz – California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Denisse Garcia Zavala – University of Arizona
- Diego Ramirez – California State University, Chico
- Dylan Urias – Arizona State University
- Giselle Camarena Rodriguez – San Jose State University
- Grace Niccum – Northern Arizona University
- Grayson Michael McGrew – University of California, Los Angeles
- Griselda Tizcareno – Arizona State University
- Hector Juarez-Vargas – University of California, Berkeley
- Javier Acosta – Arizona State University
- Joshua Alfaro – San Francisco State University
- Juan Carlos Rios Rodriguez – California State University, Long Beach
- Justin Farias – California State University, Monterey Bay
- Maria Elisa Santiago Cruz – University of California, Santa Barbara
- Maria Guadalupe Jaramillo – San Jose State University
- Melissa Rios Arias – University of California, Merced
- Nini Isabel Preciado – Arizona State University
- Paola Estrada Tena – University of California, Davis
- Sarahi Ramirez Cortes – California State University, Monterey Bay
# # #
ABOUT TAYLOR FARMS
Taylor Farms is North America's favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Taylor Farms is grounded in a commitment to quality with products harvested, packaged and shipped at the peak of freshness. Taylor Farms focuses on innovation by consistently developing new products and improving production methods. Taylor Farms is family owned and based in Salinas, California with fourteen production facilities throughout North America. www.taylorfarms.com
Source: Taylor Farms