WASHINGTON, D.C. – Registration has opened for United Fresh 2019 Convention & Expo, June 10-12, in the North Hall of McCormick Place in Chicago. This year, attendees and exhibitors will change the way they do business over three days as United Fresh prepares to celebrate our last year in Chicago.
This year, change is coming to United Fresh. The association has organized a Convention Committee of over 40 industry leaders who are driving the energy and development of the changes taking place at United Fresh 2019 Convention & Expo.
“We’re excited to gather with our attendee and exhibitor communities this June to experience the energy of United Fresh 2019 in Chicago,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “The infusion of excitement this year throughout our education, networking and expo activities allow industry decision-makers to discover a total store solution driven in a dynamic environment. By bringing industry partners together through new programs like the Partner X-Change, we are helping the fresh produce industry grow in consumer impact, direct sales and consumption, and of course, profitability.”
United Fresh attendees can start their experience at noon on Monday, June 10 during the Produce Outlook General Session where industry leading CEOs will present their predictions for the future of the fresh produce industry. As part of Monday’s agenda, attendees also will experience an afternoon of workshops on various timely topics in the industry across job function and business type. All attendees will conclude the day by catching up with friends and peers during the official 2019 Opening Party kick-off event at Chicago’s Crystal Gardens at Navy Pier.
“This year’s enhancements have been strategically positioned to ensure all attendees see added value in their participation at United Fresh,” said Greg Corrigan, Senior Director of Produce & Floral at Raley’s Family of Fine Stores and United Fresh Convention Committee Chairman. “I’m most looking forward to the opportunity to build new relationships through the Partner X-Change program, and to then further develop those relationships on the show floor.”
New United Fresh 2019 networking activities include:
* The Partner X-Change, a B2B matchmaking program where buying and selling communities will come together throughout the afternoon for meetings, engaging new retail and foodservice operators to present new products, pitch new programs and develop new relationships.
* VIP attendees will depart McCormick Place following the new Partner X-Change, to travel to the United Fresh Opening Party on a VIP Cruise on Lake Michigan.
* Tuesday evening, the inaugural United Fresh Late Night at House of Blues is where attendees will gather to celebrate the first day of the expo with an evening of entertainment and energy in downtown Chicago.
Food safety remains a top priority on and off the trade show floor. This year, attendees can once again participate in the Listeria Learning Lab – a hands-on educational workshop connecting industry peers with the products and services that support their Listeria prevention efforts.
United Fresh will continue to offer two major agenda setting and industry accolades events in the General Session Breakfasts held on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings prior to each expo day. The Opening General Session Breakfast on Tuesday will focus on setting the tone for the event prior to the opening of the trade show floor. Hear an inspiring presentation followed by United Fresh community accolades as we graduate the United Fresh Produce Industry Leadership Class 24 fellows. A familiar event elevated to engage a broader community, attendees will gather Wednesday morning for the Women in Produce Breakfast General Session. Toast this year’s Women in Produce honoree, hear her story and learn from a panel of past honorees during this event.
On the trade show floor, attendees can look forward to:
* The United Fresh Expo which will continue to address the innovative solutions in the industry in response to the challenges faced throughout the supply chain. The expo will showcase the latest developments in technology, robotics, and other supply chain solutions and marketing and product development trends that have consumers adding fresh fruit and vegetables to their carts in grocery stores across the country.
* SmartFood will return to United Fresh as part of the expo floor. This B2B event, focused entirely on better-for-you nutrition across all food and beverage categories, will allow fresh produce companies to find new collaborations and be exposed to more retail and foodservice buyers than even before.
* Global Cold Chain Expo, now in its fourth year, provides tech solutions to ensure quality control throughout the cold chain from field to table. Attendees will experience and find innovation throughout the full supply chain, ensuring improved cold chain services and food safety and quality maintenance and accountability.
* Enhanced educational opportunities will be taking place during the two days of the expo. In addition to the return of the X-Change Sessions, the facilitated discussions that gather like-minded professionals to a dialogue on industry topics, education enthusiasts will be delighted by an elevation of content to the new Main Stage and Stage Next.
o The Main Stage will provide constant engagement and entertainment throughout the event. This destination will bring to life the passionate people, business and energies created in the fresh produce industry, as attendees will enjoy, learn and engage during the expo.
o Stage Next is where innovation comes to life. This destination will spotlight new technologies, future-oriented topics, concepts and strategies that will advance the fresh produce industry.
United Fresh 2019 will conclude on Wednesday afternoon with the Retail-Foodservice Celebration. The entrance of the show floor will be transformed for a closing celebration of the best-of-the-best, honoring the top 25 produce managers on the front lines and chefs excelling in implementing fresh produce strategies in the kitchen. Gather for a celebratory close to this year’s event and get a taste of
the future as we look ahead to United Fresh 2020 in San Diego. For the first time, this event will be open to all registrants.
For maximum registration value, the All Access Package provides attendees and exhibitors with the ultimate show experience: networking opportunities and special events to interact with key customers, suppliers, and colleagues, as well as admittance to the United Fresh and Global Cold Chain Expos. This all-encompassing pass includes United Fresh’s traditional Opening Night Party on Monday and United Fresh Late Night at House of Blues on Tuesday. Attendees also will enjoy a morning general session on Tuesday before the opening of the trade show, and the annual Women in Produce Breakfast General Session on Wednesday.
Early bird rates for 2019 are available through May 10. To ensure the best value, register for an All Access Package and gain unlimited exposure to United Fresh 2019! Explore these details, register for the event, and more by visiting www.unitedfreshshow.org.
About United Fresh Produce Association
Founded in 1904, the United Fresh Produce Association brings together companies across every segment of the fresh produce supply chain, including growers, shippers, fresh-cut processors, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, foodservice operators, industry suppliers and allied associations. We empower industry leaders to shape sound government policy. We deliver the resources and expertise companies need to succeed in managing complex business and technical issues. We provide the training and development individuals need to advance their careers in produce. Through these endeavors, we unite our industry with a common purpose – to build long-term value for our members and grow produce consumption.