SALINAS, Calif. – As foodservice operators continue to seek innovative usage ideas for produce, Markon launches a new online home featuring the latest information for products, trends and news.
The Markon.com revamp features a fresh and responsive design, which allows the site’s content to be easily viewed and consumed from any type of device – from desktop to mobile and tablets. The site’s design and streamlined navigation allows operators, chefs and those in the field to quickly and easily find the key information they are looking for, whether it’s recipes, nutritional information for produce items, Live from the Fields videos, Markon’s reports, and more.
“At Markon, we strive to be the go-to resource for everything produce in foodservice – and the new site is a vital tool to help us achieve this goal,” said Tim York, Markon’s president. “From produce information and practical tools for incorporating produce on menus to detailed information on our food safety standards, the new website arms foodservice operators with the key information they need right at their fingertips.”
Key Features of the website include:
- Updated and simplified search functionality: New search functionality for the product catalog, produce guide and recipes allows users to quickly and easily "drill down" to their desired choices.
- Fresh Faces of Produce: This section of the site features stories of people in the produce scene, from farmers and field workers, to chefs and foodservice staff.
- Produce Virtual Cooler: The produce virtual cooler graphically demonstrates where in the foodservice cooler to store fruits and vegetables, and provides detailed information about the proper temperature and other important storage and handling information to ensure optimal quality and freshness.
- Menu Inspiration: Markon’s online culinary hub includes more than 250 fresh produce-based recipes for a variety of cuisines and day- and menu-parts, as well as the latest culinary trends to provide chefs with current and innovative usage ideas.
- Ask a Markon Food Safety Expert and Ask a Markon Chef An online hotline for those in the foodservice industry to turn to with their produce questions. Markon’s Food Safety Director Lianna Kelly answers food safety questions, while Markon’s member-affiliated chefs answer culinary-related questions.
Check out the new website at Markon.com as well as Markon’s Facebook page (http://facebook.com/markoncooperative), Twitter feed (@markon_produce, http://twitter.com/markon_produce), YouTube channel (http://youtube.com/markoncooperative), LinkedIn profile (http://www.linkedin.com/company/markon), and Instagram profile (@markon_produce, https://www.instagram.com/markon_produce). Markon’s Produce Guide App is also available for iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
From its headquarters in Salinas, California, Markon Cooperative, Inc. provides fresh produce purchasing, logistics, information, and marketing services exclusively to its member distributors (Ben E. Keith Foods, Gordon Food Service, Maines Paper & Food Service, Nicholas & Company, Reinhart Foodservice, and Shamrock Foods Company) and their foodservice customers. A leader in food safety, quality control, and innovation, Markon is also mindful of the produce industry's impact on people – from field workers to consumers. Read more about Markon at Markon.com.
Source: Markon Cooperative, Inc.