- Since the last update on December 21, 2018, 63 ill people from 24 states, and the District of Columbia, have been added to this investigation.
- As of February 13, 2019, 279 people infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Reading have been reported from 41 states and the District of Columbia.
- 107 people have been hospitalized. One death has been reported from California.
- Epidemiologic and laboratory evidence indicates that raw turkey products from a variety of sources are contaminated with Salmonella Reading and are making people sick.
- In interviews, ill people report eating different types and brands of turkey products purchased from many different locations. Four ill people lived in households where raw turkey pet food was fed to pets.
To read the rest of the story, please go to: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention