Bakersfield, Calif. – Driven by its vision for the future – Plants Powering People – and building on its rich heritage of fresh carrots and plant-based foods, Bolthouse Farms today announced it will launch more than 25 new products for Spring 2020 shipping, including line extensions, new flavors, new categories and innovations in fresh carrots. The new Bolthouse Farms was born out of a vision and passion for guiding a new way for people to eat and live healthier lifestyles, reflected in the new products.
Since the acquisition in June 2019, the company has focused on being the innovation leader in plant-based and plant-powered foods. As today’s consumer preferences change rapidly, the company has worked to adapt quickly and react to this changing marketplace. The product development cycle has been expedited in this effort to develop products in real time to better meet consumer and customer needs.
“Product innovation is fueling our growth once again,” said Bill Levisay, president, Bolthouse Farms. “We are very excited about the breadth of our new products and product lines, all examples of Bolthouse Farms evolving to a healthier and more functional platform.”
“With our product innovation, we focused on new flavors and new categories that are industry-leading and on the cutting edge of consumer trends and needs,” added AJ Bernstein, vice president Marketing, Bolthouse Farms.
- Withketo currently the No. 1 diet and approximately 1-in-5 American adults interested in trying a keto diet,the company is launching Bolthouse Farms Protein Keto ready-to-drink protein beverages. The line of four protein shakes, one of the first on the market, offers consumers convenience and helps simplify adhering to a keto diet. The Protein Keto line up will be available in Dark Chocolate, Coconut, Coffee and Matcha flavors in February 2020.
- Bolthouse Farms BOLTS are functional shots that pack a powerful punch, fueled by superfoods and grounded in the nutrition of carrots, delivering a nutritional punch at an unprecedented value. This line of five functional shots – Immunity, Digestion, Energy, Wellness and Metabolism –
will be offered at an accessible price point to allow broader consumption by those looking to leverage plant-based nutrition on a regular basis.
- With the CBD food and beverage segment rapidly emerging, and functional beverages seeing notable growth, Bolthouse Farms has put its plant-powered expertise into the category with CBD Functional Infusions and RTD Coffee Beverages. Both lines provide refreshing, easily drinkable and functional beverages with the added benefits of CBD. These CBD lines will be marketed under a new brand name and will begin distribution in early 2020 and initially only to customers regionally.
New Flavors and Line Extensions
- As consumers continue to seek out protein beverages, Bolthouse Farms has added the new Protein Plus Dutch Chocolate Banana flavor to its popular Protein Plus line up. The new flavor leverages the popular and delicious combination of both banana and chocolate flavors, while providing 30 grams of protein, 21 vitamins & minerals and no artificial flavors or colors.
- With leading share of the carrot juice beverage market, consumers value and trust Bolthouse Farms’ unrivaled expertise in the category. The introduction of Carrot Ginger Turmeric juice brings this expertise to a higher functional carrot juice, with additional appeal to millennial consumers not currently in the category by adding trending functional ingredients..
- Just in time for cold and flu season , consumers looking for a great tasting way to support immune health with a regular dose of Vitamin C will welcome the new 52 oz. C-Boost™, a new larger size for everyday use. C-Boost provides 600% daily value of Vitamin C and 140% daily value of Zinc with no added sugar.
- Bolthouse Farms Refrigerated Dressings deliver extraordinary taste with less fat and fewer calories than other conventional salad dressings. Three new flavors – Honey BBQ Ranch, Pomegranate Poppy Seed, and Lemon Basil – will appeal to a broad range of consumers with flavors they are are asking for.
All new products will be featured at the Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Fresh Summit show on October 17-19 in Anaheim, Calif. at the Bolthouse Farms booth #3265.
About Bolthouse Farms
For more than a century, Bolthouse Farms has been known as the innovation leader in growing and distributing carrots and high-quality, innovative branded products. Employing more than 2,200 people and headquartered in Bakersfield in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest carrot growers and distributors in the U.S. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes, plant protein milk and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. Visit Bolthouse Farms or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.