Darigold completed its initial investigation regarding the liquid discovered in a chocolate milk carton in a Spokane school earlier this week. To date, no more affected cartons have been found, nor reported to have been consumed.
As a recap, the liquid in the affected chocolate milk half-pint carton found at Shadle Park High School on Jan. 23 had a mixture of trace amounts of food grade sanitizer and water. Darigold says they regret that this happened, and state that it poses no health risk. This food grade sanitizer is FDA approved for contact with product containers.
“We are grateful to the Shadle Park student and staff for their quick action, which prevented others from having a similar experience,” Darigold stated in a press release.
To read the rest of the story, please go to: Fox 28