PLYMOUTH, Wis. — Sargento Foods Inc. of Plymouth, Wis. is voluntarily expanding the recall of cheese supplied by Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes that originated from the supplier's facility. There have been no confirmed illnesses.
Out of concern for the health and well-being of Sargento consumers, the company has also terminated its relationship with Deutsch Kase Haus, which supplied Sargento with the affected Longhorn Colby cheese.
Out of an abundance of caution, in addition to the products recalled on February 10, 2017, we are also voluntarily recalling the following products which were packaged on the same lines:
- Sargento Sliced Colby, 8 oz., UPC 4610000105, Sell By date 15MAY17F
- Sargento Sliced Muenster, 8oz., UPC 4610000107, Sell By dates 05MAR17F, 06MAR17F, 16APR17F, 17APR17F and 15APR17F
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack, 7.5 oz., UPC 4610000122, Sell By date 03MAY17B
- Sargento Sliced Tomato & Basil Jack, 6.67 oz., UPC 4610000279, Sell By date 03MAR17B
- Sargento Shredded Reduced Fat Colby-Jack, 8 oz., UPC 4610041018, Sell By date H07APR17
- Sargento Shredded Chef Blends 4 Cheese Pizzeria, 8 oz., UPC 4610041105, Sell By date H10APR17
- Sargento Artisan Blends Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040094, Sell By date H09JUN17 and H08JUN17
We are also adding "Sell By" dates to some of the products that were previously recalled on February 10, 2017:
- Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, Sell By dates 02FEB17F, 01MAR17B and 16MAR17F
- Sargento Chefs Blend Taco Blend Shredded Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002, Sell By dates H11MAY17 and H01JUN17
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack, 12oz., UPC 4610000108, Sell By dates 11JUN17B, 02MAY17B and 03MAY17B
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack, 12oz., UPC 4610000109, Sell By date 01MAY17B
- Sargento Off the Block Fine Cut Colby-Jack Shredded Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014, Sell By date H06MAY17
- Sargento Chef Blends Nacho & Taco Shredded Cheese, 8oz., UPC 4610040041, Sell By dates H04MAY17, S15MAY17 and H01JUN17
- Sargento Off the Block Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076, Sell By dates H09MAY17, H08MAY17 and H07MAY17
Consumers can also check if they have recalled product by visiting info.sargento.com. This webpage will be updated with the latest information about the Feb. 10 recall and this voluntary expanded recall. Consumers can also call Sargento Consumer Affairs at 1-800-243-3737 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. (Central Time), or submit questions to the "Contact Us" page at sargento.com.
"We deeply regret any inconvenience or concern this issue has caused," Sargento Foods Chief Executive Officer Louie Gentine said. "We have high expectations for the quality and safety of our products and hold our suppliers accountable to those same standards. We will continue to evaluate our processes to ensure we remain a leader in food safety and quality."
For more information about the voluntary expanded recall, visit info.sargento.com.
Contact: Barbara Gannon, 920-892-3530
Source: Sargento Foods Inc.