TILLAMOOK, Ore. — The Oregon-based farmer-owned co-operative, Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA), announced today that the Tillamook® brand recently received three bronze awards at the World Cheese Awards and five top honors from the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF).
The World Cheese Awards – a truly global cheese event – brings together cheesemakers, retailers, buyers, consumers, and food commentators worldwide to judge nearly 4,000 cheeses from more than 40 countries. At the World Cheese Awards, TCCA received:
- Bronze Award – Farmers’ Collection Smoked Black Pepper White Cheddar
- Bronze Award – Tillamook Farmstyle Original Cream Cheese Spread
- Bronze Award – Tillamook Farmstyle Very Veggie Cream Cheese Spread
NMPF brings together dairy producers and cooperatives to participate in public-policy discussions to promote the economic well-being of dairy producers. As part of the annual NMPF cheese competition, TCCA received:
- Overall Best Cheddar – Tillamook Maker’s Reserve Extra Sharp 2012
- 1st place, Extra Sharp Cheddar –Tillamook Maker’s Reserve Extra Sharp 2012
- 2nd place, Extra Sharp Cheddar –Tillamook Farmers’ Collection English-Style Sweet Cheddar
- 3rd place, Unique or Mild Flavor –Tillamook Farmers’ Collection Hickory Smoked Cheddar
- 3rd place, Natural Cheese Colby Jack –Tillamook Colby Jack
“It’s always exciting to have our hard work recognized, and we are thrilled with the honors from these two prestigious and highly respected groups,” said Jill Allen, Director of Product Excellence, TCCA. “At TCCA, we pride ourselves on being good stewards of the land, using quality ingredients, and never cutting corners. Our products taste better because they’re made right.”
About Tillamook County Creamery Association
Founded in 1909 as a farmer-owned cooperative, Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) recently achieved the distinction as a Certified B Corporation® (B Corp™) and prides itself on its commitment to bringing to market the most consistent, best tasting, highest quality dairy products made in the most natural way possible. Guided by the belief that everyone deserves real food that makes them feel good every day, Tillamook® produces internationally recognized, award-winning cheese as well as exceptional ice cream, butter, cream cheese spreads, yogurt, and sour cream, made with unwavering values that never sacrifice or compromise quality for profit. TCCA is owned by a group of farming families, primarily based in Tillamook County, Oregon. TCCA operates production facilities in Tillamook and Boardman, Oregon and employs more than 900 people throughout the state. The Tillamook Creamery is the largest tourist attraction on the coast of Oregon and one of the most popular in the state, attracting more than one million visitors each year. For more information on TCCA and Tillamook, visit Tillamook.com.