SANDPOINT, IDAHO– Fresh Express®, NatureSweet® and Litehouse® are teaming up for a retail promotion that will highlight how consumers can combine quality salad ingredient staples to create fun and lovable salad creations. An exclusive promotion at Albertsons and its banners running Feb. 27 – March 12, 2019, the “I Heart Salad” retail promotion will include in-store product discounts and promotional pricing, recipe videos, an online sweepstakes and more.
To help consumers rekindle their love of salad, Fresh Express Blends, NatureSweet 10.5-ounce Cherubs® tomatoes and Litehouse 13-ounce spoonable dressings will be discounted during the promotion at Albertsons stores nationwide. The collaborative promotion will drive retail foot traffic for Albertsons, increase basket size and grow incremental retail sales for the participating brands. Cross Promotions tying together salad ingredients can increase sales by at least 30%.
Through a combination of in-store, online and broadcast activity, “I Heart Salad” will be supported with initiatives including:
- Albertsons in-store signage and weekly print advertising support
- Satellite Media Tour hosted by Whitney Bond
- Online recipes and videos highlighting product versatility
- Integrated social campaign and an enter-to-win consumer sweepstakes where 15 consumers will win a year’s worth of salad
Fresh Express, NatureSweet and Litehouse make high quality salad ingredients that are must-haves for any salad, like tasty greens, juicy tomatoes and crave-worthy dressing options. Consumers can mix and match products, and add additional ingredients, to create delicious salad varieties that are easy to love, like a Salmon & Grains Salad or a Breakfast Salad Bowl. All three participating brands can be found in the produce department, with Litehouse dressings and Fresh Express packaged salads found in the refrigerated section:
· Deliciously Fresh Salads: Packaged salad pioneer Fresh Express uses breathable bags custom designed for each leaf type, like Baby Spinach, Sweet Butter and Hearts of Romaine, so salads stay fresh. All Fresh Express salads are thoroughly washed, rinsed and gently dried, then sealed in a Keep-Crisp® bag for long-lasting freshness.
· Heavenly Salad Tomatoes: Bright, juicy and irresistible, NatureSweet is North America’s No. 1 selling tomato. NatureSweet Cherubs tomatoes make salads divine and add a fresh burst of color with guaranteed sweetness.
· Delightfully Cool Dressings: Litehouse refrigerated dressings are made without artificial preservatives, colors or flavors and do not contain high fructose corn syrup. They are available in creamy and delicious combinations of fresh herb and vegetable flavors, like Homestyle Ranch, Chunky Blue Cheese and Jalapeño Ranch. A 100 percent employee-owned company, Litehouse is committed to quality, great taste and real ingredients, and each product is crafted with care.
About Fresh Express
Fresh Express is the brand leader in Value Added Salads and is dedicated to providing consumers with healthy, convenient ready-to-eat salads, leafy greens, vegetables and fruits. With the invention of its special Keep Crisp® Bag in the 1980s, Fresh Express pioneered the retail packaged salad category and was the first to make them available to grocery stores nationwide. Today, Fresh Express fresh salads come in more than 150 different varieties offering exciting new flavors and convenient new ways to meet the daily dietary requirements for both conventional and organic fresh produce. More than 25 million consumers each week enjoy healthy, convenient ready-to-eat Fresh Express salads, spinach, vegetables and juicing greens. For more information, visit www.FreshExpress.com.
NatureSweet Tomatoes is the leading grower of premium, branded, best-tasting fresh tomatoes in North America. Always vine-ripened and hand-picked at the peak of freshness, only NatureSweet tomatoes guarantee great taste all year round. NatureSweet tomatoes are carefully grown, harvested and packaged by more than 9,000 full-time Associates, and are sold at major grocers, mass retailers, club stores and food service operators in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Known for award-winning quality and innovative packaging, NatureSweet® is also committed to having a positive social, environmental and economic impact on the communities in which they operate. NatureSweet Cherubs®, SunBursts®, Glorys®, Eclipses™, Twilights™ and Constellation® are trademarks of NS Brands, Ltd. For more information about NatureSweet tomatoes, visit www.naturesweet.com,Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
About Litehouse, Inc.
Litehouse, Inc. is a leader in refrigerated salad dressings, dips, cheese and other innovative consumer packaged goods, manufacturing these delicious products at its five U.S. facilities based in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Litehouse offers its diverse portfolio of products through general retail, e-commerce, foodservice, deli, member stores, and value-added goods where Litehouse products are featured in meal and salad kits. Litehouse is proud to be 100% employee-owned and each one of the employee owners carries on the high standards of quality and innovation. For more information, visitLitehouseFoods.com, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
 Two for $5 or two for $6 at participating retailers
2 IRI UNIFY Point of Sale Data
3 IRI Unify Portal – MULO, 52 Weeks Ending 12-30-18