WESTBOROUGH, Mass.– BJ’s Wholesale Club (NYSE: BJ), a leading warehouse club operator on the East Coast, today announced that the company is opening two new clubs and BJ’s Gas® locations in early 2020. The clubs represent continued expansion for the company and will open in Pensacola, Fla. and Chesterfield, Mich., bringing families 25% savings compared to grocery store prices*.
“We see great potential in these markets and look forward to delivering outstanding value and savings to hardworking families in both communities,” said Christopher J. Baldwin, chairman and CEO, BJ’s Wholesale Club. “Millions of members love us for the value, convenience and exciting assortment we offer our members every day and we’re excited to bring our fresh approach to both Pensacola and Chesterfield.”
Both clubs will feature an extensive selection of fresh foods, a full-service deli and household essentials like paper products, cleaning products, diapers, pet supplies and more. Plus, the clubs will offer the treasure-hunt experience that BJ’s members love with an exciting assortment of fashion for the family, seasonal items, toys, hot tech and a selection of local products.
BJ’s Wholesale Club previously announced plans to open its first two locations in Michigan late last year. The clubs, located in Taylor and Madison Heights, are on track to open in late fall, ahead of the holiday season. The new club in Chesterfield, Mich. will be the company’s third location in Michigan as it continues to expand its territory. The club is expected to bring about 140 jobs to the market.
The Pensacola, Fla. location will be the company’s 33rd location in Florida. The club is expected to bring about 140 jobs to the market.
Here are the ways BJ’s is bringing a fresh approach to the wholesale club experience:
- 25% off grocery store prices: BJ’s beats supermarket prices on national brands every day so members can stock up for less.
- Big Gas Savings: The company’s gas prices are some of the lowest around.
- Fresh Choices: BJ’s assortment offers more fresh food than other warehouse clubs, withdelicious produce, meats, deli and bakery items for weekly shopping.
- Coupon-Friendly: BJ’s is the only warehouse club that accepts all manufacturers’ coupons on top of BJ’s coupons, plus members can add coupons to their membership card from the BJ’s app or online.
- Everyday ClubVenienceSM: Members can shop however they want with convenient options like BJs.com, buy online, pick up in-club, same-day delivery, digital coupons and two-day shipping on household essentials with BJ’s Stocked.
*25% savings is based on Member pricing on a basket of 100 national brand household staples, on an unpromoted unit-price basis, when compared to four leading grocery chains in our trade areas. Learn more at www.bjs.com/25percentterms.
About BJ’s Wholesale Club Holdings, Inc.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ’s Wholesale Club Holdings, Inc. is a leading operator of membership warehouse clubs on the East Coast of the United States. The company currently operates 217 clubs and 141 BJ’s Gas® locations in 16 states.
The Company’s common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: BJ).