(Green Bay, Wis.) – The bi-annual World Championship Cheese Contest Judging took place at Monona Terrace in Madison, WI last week, and seven BelGioioso Cheeses were awarded prestigious honors during the three-day judging event. With a total of 3,667 entries from 26 nations, the competition was highly competitive, and BelGioioso Cheesemakers succeeded in six different categories including both a second place and third place award in the Parmesan Class.
“Our Parmesan and American Grana continue to be honored in the Parmesan category year after year,” says Gaetano Auricchio, Executive Vice President. “We have three Master Cheesemakers overseeing the production and aging for consistent quality. In addition, our Master Cheesemakers use traditional cheesemaking and aging methods to produce some of the finest Parmesan made in the World.”
“We are grateful to be recognized,” says Gianni Toffolon, BelGioioso Master Cheesemaker. “Our group works together to craft at a very high level, we share our passion for the art of cheesemaking and producing traditional high quality cheeses for our customers. They deserve to be honored alongside the best in the world.”
BelGioioso Cheesemakers will receive two 1st place Gold, four 2nd place Silver and one 3rd place Bronze medals during the April 16th awards ceremony in Milwaukee, WI.
- 1st Place Gold – BelGioioso Sharp Provolone Mandarini (Aged Provolone Class) Peter Steger 99.35 score
- 2nd Place Silver – BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Snacking Cheese (Natural Snack Class) Ryan Healy 99.75 score
- 1st Place Gold – BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella, Prosciutto & Fresh Basil Roll (Prepared Foods) Robert Menghini 99.50
- 2nd Place Silver – BelGioioso Parmesan (Parmesan Class) Tim Dudek 99.55 score
- 2nd Place Silver – BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella (Fresh Mozzarella Class) Michael Newman – 99.45 score
- 2nd Place Silver – BelGioioso Burrata (Burrata Class) Robert Wheeler –96.85 score
- 3rd Place Bronze – BelGioioso American Grana (Parmesan Class) Steve Bierhals –99.50 score
BelGioioso Cheese is a family-owned and operated company specializing in artisan Italian cheesemaking. Using natural ingredients and fresh, local Wisconsin milk, Master Cheesemakers hand-craft a full line of exceptional cheeses guided by a commitment to quality and a respect for tradition. At BelGioioso, every cheese is a specialty. www.belgioioso.com