PRODUCE BUSINESS is pleased to announce the following roster of 10 finalists for its Third Annual Innovation Award, profiled in the November issue of PRODUCE BUSINESS magazine.
Judging was based on a point system measuring innovation in Product (intrinsic nature of the fruit or vegetable), Package (does it disrupt consumer shopping behavior?) and Process (added value).
The ten honorees, which editors selected from more than 35 entries, are listed in alphabetical order:
- Baldor Specialty Foods, Urban Roots
- DelFresco Pure, LivingCube Vertical Growing System
- Del Monte Fresh, Better Break
- Houwelings, Plastic-free Long English Cucumber
- Jac. Vandenberg, Inc., Sunrays Plastic-Free Packs
- Markon Cooperative, Ready Cycle Strawberry Clamshells
- Mastronardi / Sunset, Sprinkles, Tiny Mighty Tomatoes
- S. Katzman Produce, Hamona Coconuts
- Satur Farms, Ultra-Premium Organic Dressings
- Solely, Inc., Fruit Jerky
Check out the full list of finalists and this year’s 10 top-scoring products on ProduceBusiness.com.
“Our editors took their gloves off and examined as many aspects of each product as possible, tasting every item and debating each entry’s ability to disrupt consumer buying behavior,” said Ken Whitacre, Publisher and Editorial Director. “We are very pleased with this year’s entries to truly define ‘What is Innovation?’ and we look forward to continuing the dialogue on this important subject in the years to come.”
CAST YOUR VOTE
Now is your chance to cast a vote for the Third Annual Innovation Award Winner. The competition, which will be an annual undertaking by the magazine, celebrates innovative products released throughout the year. The winner will be announced at the keynote breakfast during the New York Produce Show and Conference in New York City on Dec. 12 and in the January issue of PRODUCE BUSINESS.
The industry has until 5 p.m. PST on Dec. 5, 2019, to cast a ballot by going to www.producebusiness.com or clicking below!