ALEXANDRIA, VA. — SAF Orlando 2022, The Society of American Florists 137th Annual Convention, brought together over 400 floral professionals from 41 states and six countries from Sept. 6 to 8, 2022. On Sept. 8 the annual Stars of the Industry Awards dinner honored those who have made an indelible mark on the industry as well as the winners of the Outstanding Varieties and Sylvia Cup Competitions.
A press release and additional details on each of the 2022 Stars of the Industry Award honorees are available via these links:
- Hall of Fame inductee: Pete Garcia, AAF
- Alex Laurie award: Brent Pemberton, Ph.D.
- Gold Medal award: Linda Laughner, Ph.D.
- John H. Walker award: Debi Chedester, AAF,
- Paul Ecke Jr. award: Renato Cruz Sogueco, AAF, PFCI
- Tommy Bright award: Sharon McGukin, AAF, AIFD, PFCI,
- American Academy of Floriculture (AAF) inductees
- Professional Floral Communicators – International (PFCI) inductees
- Sylvia Cup Competition winner– Kelsey Thompson, AIFD
- Outstanding Variety Best in Class and Best in Show Winners
About The Society of American Florists
The Society of American Florists is the association that connects and cultivates a thriving floral community through training, education, marketing resources and advocacy. Our vision: The power of flowers in every life. For more information, visit safnow.org.