ARLINGTON, Va. – Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is delighted to establish the SNP Awards. This annual awards program honors recipients who have demonstrated exceptional outreach and impact on increasing U.S. seafood consumption.
SNP will honor its inaugural class of 2019 SNP Awards recipients, a group of individuals and teams that have gone above and beyond to promote seafood consumption. Nominations may be made for those who work in the seafood space and reside in the U.S. working in academia, corporations, foundations, government or not-for-profits. Nominations will be accepted through June 30, 2019 at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SNPAwards.
Five awards will be given in the following categories:
- Seafood Science Excellence – Human Health: A leader in seafood science in the area of human health and nutrition with a unique and impactful approach to increasing seafood consumption for Americans.
- Seafood Science Excellence – Planetary Health: A leader in seafood science in the areas of environmental sustainability, fisheries management, responsible aquaculture with a unique and impactful approach to ensuring a sustainable seafood supply for future generations.
- Seafood Industry Visionary: A leader within the seafood industry demonstrating the greatest amount of support in terms of breadth and depth for SNP and its mission from its inception. Encouraging the industry to focus on the greater good of SNP’s mission of increasing seafood consumption for the health of all Americans.
- Seafood4Health Champion: An individual or organization that brings to life SNP’s mission of seafood for health through their work leveraging SNP resources and messages. Bringing the SNP message to new audiences; walking the talk; having long-term commitment to addressing the health of a community through seafood consumption; making it easier for Americans to eat more seafood.
- Seafood Communications Excellence: A communicator in the media or publishing who has translated the science of seafood accurately through communications that are approachable to the reader, encourages understanding of the benefits of consuming seafood, and has an impactful reach.
To be considered for these accolades, individuals, teams and businesses within the seafood industry as well as those in retail, foodservice, public health, and communications sector must demonstrate support for the Seafood Nutrition Partnership movement and demonstrate exceptional outreach and impact with the collective goal of increasing consumption of seafood for the overall benefit of Americans.
The outstanding efforts of these individuals and organizations will be acknowledged formally at an awards dinner on September 16, 2019 in advance of the Seafood Nutrition Partnership’s State of the Science Symposium in Washington DC, September 17. Awardees will be announced approximately August 5th.
About Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is a national non-profit with a mission to inspire a healthier America by empowering seafood consumption as part of a balanced diet. SNP is addressing the country’s public health crisis through education programs that inspire Americans to incorporate more seafood and omega-3s into their diets for improved health as per USDA/HHS Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the American Heart Association, and many other leading health organizations. For more information, visit seafoodnutrition.org or follow @Seafood4Health and #Seafood2xWk on social media.