CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Dole Food Company continues its total-wellness tribute to Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration with the release of five original recipes inspired by Disney’s most sea-loving heroines, Ariel and Moana, to commemorate World Oceans Day on June 8.
Launched last month and continuing through Sept, 30, 2021, Dole’s “A Recipe for Courage and Kindness” initiative features original recipes, DIY activities, contests, collectibles and virtual cooking classes and gatherings that showcase the courage and kindness themes of Disney’s 12 beloved Princess characters including being kind to the planet we call home.
The new entrée, side dish and dessert recipes to be unveiled June 8 join a selection of other dishes created by Melanie Marcus, MA, RD, Dole nutrition and health communications manager, and released on May 27.
- Shrimp and Pineapple Thingamabobs: DOLE® Avocado, Pineapple, peeled shrimp and spices rolled in fresh DOLE® Romaine lettuce leaves.
- Princess Pearls Punch (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Low-Fat and Low-Sodium): DOLE® Pineapple, Mangos, Blueberries and white grape juice topped with pearl tapioca balls.
- Pineapple-Salmon Voyager Foil Packs (Gluten-Free): Salmon fillets steamed in silver pouches with DOLE® Pineapple, Avocado, Red onion and Lime.
- Maui Pizza Rollups (Vegetarian): Whole-wheat tortillas filled with DOLE® Pinepple, plant-based ham-style deli slices, marinara sauce and fat-free cream cheese.
- Te Fiti Fudgy Coco Cake Pops (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Low-Sodium): A frozen blend of DOLE® Bananas, dates, cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips and coconut flakes on popsicle sticks.
Shoppers can now find images of Disney’s 12 Princess characters – Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida and Moana – on millions of DOLE® Bananas in supermarkets throughout the U.S. and Canada. Forty-seven unique collectible sticker designs featuring Disney Princesses and their famous sidekicks will ultimately be available.
Details of other program elements, including digital downloads, a dedicated social media campaign, blogger partnerships, an interactive Princess quiz and a virtual cooking event and royal banquet, will be announced in the coming weeks.
Dole will offer a reimagined DOLE® Banana sticker storybook that will allow Disney fans to collect and post the commemorative Disney Princess stickers to tell their own story of courage and kindness.
World Oceans Day was created by the United Nations to remind the world population of the essential role that the world’s oceans play in everyday life.
Details of other Disney Princess-themed program elements will be announced in the coming weeks. For more about Dole’s royal tribute, go to www.dole.com/Disney. For other original recipes, nutritional insights, and other information, visit www.dole.com or follow Dole’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest pages.
About Dole Food Company, Inc.
Dole Food Company, Inc., is one of the world’s largest producers and marketers of high-quality fresh fruit and fresh vegetables. Dole is an industry leader in many of the products it sells, as well as in nutrition education and research. For more information, please visit www.dole.com.